The currencies dialog is used to add, modify and manage the currencies available for the wallets.
|Trigger an update exchanges rate on-line. This is disabled when you only have a single currency.
Please see the additional notes below
display currency ISO code, name, symbol, exchange rate and last modified date
|open a dialog to add a new currency
+ see the notes below.
|open a dialog to edit the selected currency
|delete the selected currency
|Set as base
|set the selected currency to be the base currency
- you can pick up new currencies from the official ISO 4217 list
- you can define a custom currency for discontinued or cryptocurrency
When you define a custom currency, please take care of the following:
- the Name must be at least 3 chars long
- the ISO code is optional, but you cannot change it easily later on
- the ISO code must be 3 chars long and cannot be the same an existing ISO 4217 one
This is an extra feature relying on a third party web service.
Your currencies may not be supported:
- as base currency: and nothing will update
- as a target currency: this currency will not be updated
Since 5.7.2: there is a log widget that track call and return of the API for debug purpose.
You can change the URL of the API and add a free a paid key into the preferences
Valid URL are so far: